Q: Smog check failed due to Oxygen sensor heater OBDII not ready.

My car did not pass smog inspection due to Oxygen Sensor Heater OBDII Not Ready. What would be the fix for this issue? I was told by the smog inspector it might need to have the Oxygen Sensor replaced, but wanted to get a real mechanics thoughts before scheduling an appointment for repairs. Thanks!

Hi there. Check the fuses and wiring to the oxygen sensors on your vehicle. If they are in good shape, then the sensors would need replaced as they are not warming up to the proper temperature before registering any exhaust particulates. If you need further assistance with your oxygen sensors, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Smog check failed due to Oxygen sensor heater OBDII not ready.