Q: Small bolt dust cover

When I was replacing my oil pan gasket I noticed something when I was putting the oil pan back in. I saw that one of the bolts near the flywheel doesn't fit properly. It’s too small and doesn't grab the threads. I think I am missed a cover for the flywheel, too. Is it called a dust cover? Does that attach to the oil pan gasket with the larger bolt?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1987 Suzuki Samurai. If the bolt does not fit, you’re trying to put it into the wrong bore. The dust cover should not bolt to the pan gasket with the pan bolts so you may have missed a step during your repair. If you would like help, have a mobile technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office and re-install your oil pan gasket for you.

3. Small bolt dust cover