Q: Should I use synthetic oil in a commercial vehicle with over 100,000 miles

I have a 2005 Ford E350 van with a small box on it the GVW is 10000 pounds it has over a hundred thousand miles should I switch to synthetic oil?

In today’s vehicles, the majority of cars are able to go between 5,000-6,000 miles between oil changes depending on the health of the car’s engine and assuming you are using a quality oil. For some, this is a matter of personal preference and peace of mind and they prefer to change it more frequently around 3,000-4,000 miles. The type of oil for your engine depends largely on the driving conditions and the driving habits of the driver as well as the environment in which the car regularly drives. If the car is subjected to extreme weather conditions such as very cold weather, you will want to use a thinner viscosity oil. Cold weather causes oil to move very slowly which can be crucial on your car’s engine especially when starting first thing in the morning. It is important to use an oil that will flow more freely at colder temperatures. On the other hand, in extremely hot weather, oil will break down much quicker causing it to lose it’s protective qualities while lubricating moving engine parts. You will want to use a thicker viscosity oil in extreme warm temperatures to ensure the oil is sufficiently thick to coat and lubricate moving engine components properly. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to perform an oil change service to be sure you have the proper oil in your car for your situation.

3. Should I use synthetic oil in a commercial vehicle with over 100,000 miles