Q: Should I change my starter?

When starting truck from cold start get slow cranks when its been sitting for atleast 2 hours or early morning or after work and ive tested the battery (battery is fine) and removed the battery while truck is running so it's not the alternator. The next logical step is the starter right ?

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. I see that you tested your battery, good. Along with the battery test make sure that your battery tested good for the cold cranking amps also. Your battery should have at least 690 cold cranking amps for your set up. If this all tests within spec you are right - your starter sounds to be dragging and will need to be replaced.

If you would consider, Your Mechanic can send out a certified technician and perform these test to diagnose your starting issue and make any necessary repairs. Thank you.