Q: Serp belt broke on my friends car, had belt replaced and now the car will not turn all the way over

So my friends serpentine belt broke on his car the other day and he had it replaced but now the car will not start. It attempts to turn over but will not start. I was thinking maybe it could be he drove it too long with out the belt so he drained the battery completely?? Attempted jumping the vehicle but no luck. Or could it be something more serious such as jumped timing or broken timing chain?? Which would be more likely?? And how could I check??

3. Serp belt broke on my friends car, had belt replaced and now the car will not turn all the way over