Q: Screeching sounds around front left tire

asked by on August 09, 2016

Recently, mu car started making screeching sounds, that seem to be coming from the left tire on the front end. Sounds do not depend on any particular driving speed but they differ in how loud they are. There are no lights illuminated on the dashboard. Also, there is no play. The noise disappears when I bring the car to a holt. What could be causing this?

Brake Pads Replacement $125.62 - $419.65 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The front brake pads should have a metal sensor on the brake pads to indicate when they are getting low on pad material. They will squeal or screech anytime you are moving. Have the front brakes inspected and replaced as needed. A qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can inspect the screeching noise and make the necessary repairs to have this issue resolved.