Q: Screeching Noise at idle/start 2015 Volvo XC60, 52k miles

My wife has a 2015 Volvo XC60 that just started making a screeching noise. It is loud when the car is in idle and also when starting but not heard while driving. It seems odd that it could be a worn belt or pulley as the car has relatively low mileage. It is just out of warranty and want to get an idea of what it could be and what the cost to repair would be. This began two days ago as my wife was coming back from a 2hr drive from the beach. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Ryan. In most cases, the type of sound you’re talking about is caused by a loose serpentine or drive belt. It could also be due to a pulley that is wearing out or even loose bearings inside the AC compressor. The best way to pinpoint the issue and ensure the right repairs are made is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection. This will allow us to verify the issue and provide you an accurate estimate for repair.

3. Screeching Noise at idle/start 2015 Volvo XC60, 52k miles