Q: Scanner reads:P0722 and P0700

P0700- Transmission Control Module Requested MIL P0722- Output speed sensor circuit Low Volatge

I have done my research and I fully understand that these are the reasons my car and speedometer are not working or shifting out. What I am confused about is what part I need to buy. I purchased a new output speed sensor shaft but now I am unsure if that is what I need. Same goes for the TCM, do I need a new TCM or just new wires because I pulled the TCM out and it didn't appear damaged. I just do not want to end up buying the wrong or unnecessary parts.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. The process of diagnosing a mechanical problem includes diagnostic scans (like downloading the OBD-II trouble codes you’ve displayed) and matching those codes with symptoms. This is why it’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an inspection based on the symptoms you’re describing. Let us know what issues your Chevrolet Cobalt and we can recommend an inspection that will help you pinpoint the parts that need to be replaced. It might be best to have one of our mobile mechanics complete a speedometer is not working inspection.

3. Scanner reads:P0722 and P0700