Q: Q: Running Rich

My scion is throws a check engine light, for running rich I was wondering if there's anyway to fix this. I took it to a couple shops and they get the light to go away but they don't fix my problem. I do have an after market exhaust on my car. I was wondering what symptoms you would get because of that.

Hello...I would hold off speculation on the effect of the exhaust retrofit until you performed the usual diagnostics on the engine issue that you have. Running rich could be due to oxygen sensors, fuel pressure regulation, problems with the air induction system and other causes of this sort. YourMechanic would simply perform an Check Engine Light diagnostic to get to the root issue(s). Feel free to contact us to get this resolved.

3. Q: Running Rich