Q: Rpm tachometer installation doubts

Sir I was thinking about installing a Defi BF tachometer in my 3 cylinder car. But my tachometer seller says it can be used only for 4 cylinders and higher. Is there any problem if i install it in my car?

Unless you can find a tachometer that can be used with a 3 cylinder engine then if you tried to install tachometer set to 6 cylinders will give you an RPM reading half as high of what your engine is really doing. So if your engine is really doing 2000 rpm then the tachometer set to cylinders would only read 1000 rpm.

3. Rpm tachometer installation doubts