Q: Reverse lamps stay on at all times even when truck is off and key is removed from ignition.

Reverse lamps stay on at all times even when truck is off and key is removed from ignition.

A possibility is an internally shorted digital transmission range sensor/switch. You may see a short from pin #9 to pin #11 on the switch. The test protocol is set forth in this document, however, if your plug has a different pin out configuration use the diagram in your current Factory Service Manual. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a reverse light inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Reverse lamps stay on at all times even when truck is off and key is removed from ignition.