Q: Replacing a harmonic balancer pulley

Hello, I bought the bmw with the harmonic balancer pulley off already and I didn't know it was removed when I bought it (auction). I go and try to start the engine without realizing the pulley was missing. now I bought the pulley, my question is because I tried turning the car on am I going to have problems with the timing once I install the new harmonic pulley?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2011 BMW 328i xDrive. If only the pulley was removed, and nothing inside the timing covers, then you should be fine. No worries. If you run into any issues or need assistance with the installation of the pulley, consider having one of our mobile technicians diagnose and service your car at your location. Best of luck.

3. Replacing a harmonic balancer pulley