Q: Reduce Engine power and nothing happens when pushing the gas pedal

My truck starts but When started a Service 4x4 sign comes on and the Reduce engine power and when you go to step on the gas nothing happens. We took it in and the code ran was the Throttle position Sensor and we changed it out but it continues to have the Reduce engine power thing come on and when i push on the gas pedal its like its not connected because the engine doesnt rev or anything

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The service 4x4 light indicates a loss of communication to the throttle position sensor, and a reduction in power is a prime indicator that the transfer case position sensor or selector switch has failed. When this happens, the computer gets a reading that the transfer case is not in the right gear, so it forces the throttle position sensor to make the engine run at a lower rate to prevent damage to the transfer case. Changing out the throttle position sensor is helpful, but not required in this situation. I would recommend replacing the transfer case position sensor or selector switch. This will fix the issue of the service 4x4 light and restore the power to the engine. If you need assistance in investigating and repairing this issue, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to perform a Reduced Power light is on Inspection on your vehicle.

3. Reduce Engine power and nothing happens when pushing the gas pedal