Q: Recall on timing chain guide

I'm getting ready to have the recall repairs done on my challenger timing chain. My question is, would it be smart to have them change the water pump at the same time? Would it be cheaper since they have to remove it anyways?

You are correct. Your present pump has less than 50%, maybe well less, of its potential service life less and furthermore if the pump is actually unbolted, it’s not cost-effective, in the long run, to re-install a used pump. However, you have to avoid the pitfall of putting in the wrong pump, that is a cheap aftermarket unit that will make you wish you simply re-used your old one. Install only the OEM dealer supplied genuine part and save yourself fitment and service life headaches. If they happen to open up the thermostat housing during this work, I would put a new thermostat in as well, again OEM only. Thermostats are not expensive, they do eventually fail, and replacing it with the water pump is cheap insurance. Make sure no essential gaskets are re-used on the timing repair so as to avoid needless oil leaks. If you have additional concerns, by all means, let us know.