Q: Rear battery isn't charging.

I washed my car it kept locking and unlocking . I Started the car and the dashboard went black, I turnt the car off then restarted it and everything came on like usual after awhile for driving the car a message said car will shut down in 3 minutes if car isn't running while I was driving the car and figured out my battery in the rear isn't charging aswell. Any solution and suggestions?

If you had the key on for an extended period of time without the engine running, you may have run the accessory battery down. It really should last longer than a car wash though, so maybe it needs replacing. Your car has high-output alternator and a power management module that decides where to draw the power and where to send the charging voltage according to need. So if everything in the system is working, the battery really should be able to hold up for a few hours. When the battery voltage gets really low, things just start to go haywire and the car may start to act as though it was haunted. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come to your home or office to check out your Mercedes and let you know it you need a battery replacement or other charging system service.

3. Rear battery isn't charging.