Q: Rattling Noise

My car starts to make a rattling noise from under the hood after being warmed up. It only happens when it's been running for 20+ minutes. Sometimes it does it for a brief second when cold starting, but then goes away until it gets hot again. When hot, its volume increases accordingly with the rpms and gear changes and stops the second I let off the gas. I have been unable to do it while in park, so I can't really listen to it unless I'm driving. I know it is not my exhaust heat shields. I have been told it could be the timing chain, but I had the engine replaced ~5500 miles ago, so I hope not! Any advice would be highly appreciated!! Here is a link to a video of my problem. https://youtu.be/tP_IQKiTeHc

Hi there. Since your OEM engine has been replaced, the possible causes of a rattling noise can be extensive. It is possible that your problem is caused by loose motor mounts or other brackets that secure other components. I would not suspect a timing chain, unless it was not properly installed. Regardless, the best way to determine what is causing this rattle noise is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection.

3. Rattling Noise