Q: Radio stopped working in my car

The radio in my car stopped working. I took it to the dealership and they tried to reset it, but couldn't. Then, they said I would need to make an appointment to come back and have it fixed. I didn't take it back. A few months later, we went on a vacation for a week and let the car sit unused. When we arrived back home, the radio worked again. Any idea how the radio fixed itself? What should I do if it stops working again?

It is very hard to tell what could have made the radio quit working and then suddenly work again. However, something that would prevent your radio from working would include: damaged wiring or connectors, something came unplugged, blown fuse, faulty radio. If the radio quits working again, you could check all of these sources or have the radio inspected by a certified mechanic. This diagnosis would likely involve the use of a digital multimeter to determine where the power loss to the radio is located.

3. Radio stopped working in my car