Q: Problems with switching gears from neutral to D

Hello! I have a problem with my nissan micra k11 2001 1.3 petrol automatic trans. When i change gears from n to d engines shut down and when i start again and chenge to d or l shut down again and again. Engine does not shut down at P, N, R gears only at D and L. I need to wait for some time or push the pedal and switch to D immediatly with high RPM to not shut down the engine. This problems happend me rarely once a day when only shen i switch from D to P or N and to D again and engines shut down.

The first thing to check for in this case is air leaks. Any air that gets into the engine without passing through the Air Mass Meter will lean out the mixture and cause this kind of bad behavior. Check under the hood for any hoses or rubber fittings that are off or in bad condition. Next I would suspect a problem in the idle control system. Maybe a dirty throttle plate or a sticking idle air control valve. You can have these things checked at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your stalling Nissan and let you know what you can do for it.

3. Problems with switching gears from neutral to D