Q: Power to car shuts off

While driving my radio, lights, dashboard, etc. shutoff but turned back on right away, the engine stayed on however, this happened a few times. When the power came back on the check engine light came on, and just now the car completely shut off while driving and I had to put it in start and start it again. The battery was replaced recently.

Hi there. The only thing that instantly comes to mind is that you may have an exposed electrical wire near the main relay that is causing this inconsistent situation. It’s probably best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection, so they can download any stored error codes from the ECU and hopefully find the root cause of this issue.

3. Power to car shuts off