Q: Power outage

My truck is completely dead, none of the lights come on and it won't start. It was running perfectly fine the day before. The battery was replaced like a month ago. I did try to jump start it, I later hooked up a battery tester to it and it checked out as good. Right now it is sitting in my garage dead and I can't get it to a mechanic.

Check the battery to frame ground. Also, if even the lights won’t work, that usually signifies that a main fuse, or fusible link, has opened but of course the reason is why? Fuses only fail, thus protecting the circuit, if something has gone wrong in the circuit. Basically, the strategy in a circumstance like this is circuit tracing until the open, or perhaps high resistance, fault is found. YourMechanic is a mobile diagnostic and repair service so you needn’t worry about the truck being stranded at your location. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Power outage