Q: Possible injector issue?

Engine knock at idle not a tick and doesn't sound mechanical. Sounds like air being is restricted. It takes about a minute for it to be noticeable once it's there if you rev to about 2k rpm it goes away

Hi, thanks for writing in. A knock in a diesel engine usually indicates an injector issue. Either an injector is not working or the injector pump is not pumping on that cylinder. I recommend having a diesel-savvy technician check each injector nozzle and the pump to find which cylinder is causing the issue. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.