Q: passenger side engine motor mount

Does the passenger side engine motor mount need to be replaced? The rubber is not up around the center making a seal.

A: Motor mounts are evaluated by on the basis ...

Motor mounts are evaluated by on the basis of excessive engine movement on acceleration and also physical condition which would include rubber segments out of position, cracks, and deterioration, typically softening, due to engine oil contamination. In addition, some mounts have internal hydraulic dampening capability and so leaks are relevant. The circumstance you are describing sounds like something is potentially "out of position" insofar as a rubber component of the mount and so should be evaluated. If you desire that the mount(s) be inspected, and replaced if necessary, please schedule a mobile engine mount inspection with YourMechanic at a time convenient for you.