Q: overheating leaking don't know what the problem is

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero and for a couple months have had a small coolant leak. a couple weeks ago it started to overheat and I noticed there was no coolant in the system. I filled it with water and it was fine. slowly it started leaking more and more and I would have to refill more often. when it was low and overheating the engine would cool down when driving faster. yesterday for the first time it started making a squeaking noise and within two miles of driving it overheated to the max. when I came to a stop and car was idling the engine slowly started to cool. when I started driving again faster it got hotter and was boiling. the leak is a little more major noe I will find huge puddles instead of small ones and more so when parked on a hill. today the car doesn't want to stay started unless I keep my foot on the gas. while driving the heater doesn't even cool it down. please please what could this be??

Your 2002 Mitsubishi Montero has a coolant leak that needs fixed before you damage the engine. You need to have the cooling system pressure tested to see where it is leaking and have that leak fixed. You may have a leaking radiator, water pump or something else and will need to isolate and repair this leak or you will damage the engine by overheating it repeated times. Have a certified technician detect the leak and follow through with necessary repairs in order to resolve this issue.