Q: Q: Overheating

My car over heats after driving for a while but I see no signs of no leaks and I check the oil to see if I had a bad gasket but the oil is perfectly fine.

This is usually a result of one or several things. Generally when a car is overheating, most commonly this is related to a failing or faulty thermostat. This is a unit in the engine that regulates the flow of coolant in and out of the engine. When this is not working properly, or is stuck closed this does not allow coolant to circulate freely through the moor causing the motor to overheat. This can also be caused by faulty coolant fan switches or relays as well. These are designed to come on at specific temperatures. When they are not working properly, they may come on at intermittent times or sometimes not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the overheating issue and assist with repair.

3. Q: Overheating