Q: Q: Overheating

I replace the thermostat and that didn't stop the overheating I also replaced all of the fluids and radiator hoses maybe it can be the water pump. My water pump isn't leaking does that mean it's okay?

There are several possible causes for a vehicle to overheat. There could be a clogged radiator, bad water pump, air pocket in the cooling system, malfunctioning cooling fan, or a bad thermostat. By the way, just because a water pump isn’t leaking doesn’t necessarily mean that it isn’t bad. Typically, when a you hear about a water pump that has failed and started leaking, it means that a bearing has gone bad and allows for the coolant to escape. This is not uncommon, but it is not the only way for a water pump to fail. I have seen the impeller on the inside of a water pump, brake off of the shaft, and from the outside there is no signs of the failure. I will say that the most overlooked reason for overheating, in my experience, is a cooling fan that is not functioning properly. If you need some help in diagnosing and/or repairing the problem, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Q: Overheating