Q: Orange light on that says charging system

My car went dead on the highway after the orange light came on that said charging system. Then I turned it off and I feel the car became locked from use in it. I can't move the hand brake or anything. Also a sign said ABC. Then AAA towed the car home. Today the car works.

Hello, thanks for writing in. The charging system light comes on when the charging system is experiencing an issue. Perhaps the alternator or battery have developed an issue and are not working properly. If the car started in the morning then it may be possible that the issue may be wiring related. Perhaps a shorting or damaged wire is causing the issue. As the issue appears to be intermittent, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.

3. Orange light on that says charging system