Q: On my 2013 Dodge Avenger 6 cyl the headlights pluse when rpm is under 1000.

When engine drops below 1000 RPM, headlights pulse brighter and dimmer. What could cause this?

It is possible that you may be having an issue with your alternator. The alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine is running so that it has enough power to start the car next time. If the alternator fails, it can have an affect on all other electrical components in the vehicle. I wouild recommend having your alternator tested for proper function to see if the headlight issue is related. Consider YourMechanic as alternators can be tested and replaced at your home or office.

3. On my 2013 Dodge Avenger 6 cyl the headlights pluse when rpm is under 1000.