Q: Oil pressure light

My oil light came on about a week ago Thursday, and I took it in to check it out. The guy said that there is most likely sludge in my oil pan, so he cleaned that out a replaced a tube in the car. He showed me pictures of the before and after and I looked awesome! When I was driving home, my car sounded fine but the light was still on. He said it was most likely a light problem, but worst case senerio, there was gunk in the engine that wasn't drained and we will need to clean it again. He said that was worst case though. He said himself the car sounded fine. Plus, since he fixed it my light either flickers on and off, or stays on for a couple minutes, then goes away, then comes back, etc. should I be concerned or is it really just a light problem??

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello. If there is not any noise coming from the engine when this occurs, then it may just be the light. I would start by checking the oil pressure with a manual gauge to make sure it is fine.

The oil pressure switch should have been replaced at the same time as the cleaning, as it may also be clogged with sludge. If the oil pressure is still low then the oil pump may be failing. If you need to have this looked at, consider using YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Oil Pressure Light and make any appropriate repairs.

3. Oil pressure light