Q: Oil light ON repair

I just had my front lower spoiler repaired after hitting a curb with some slight damage. I went to pick it up my car from the body shop and got in, started it up and the engine oil light in my dashboard came on. I turned off the engine to check the oil and it was fine. It turned the engine back on and the oil light was still on. I called up the shop to see if when they disconnected the fog lights that they might have forgot to reconnect a wire. The shop told me they had to lower the oil cooler, the air pocket, oil sensor. I asked if they twisted one of the lines could this make the oil light turn on. If this were the case there wouldn't be any oil flow through the engine right? What do you think?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1985 BMW 635CSi. I’m guessing you’re talking about the Oil Level Light and not the Pressure Light. If this happened right after the accident, I’d be willing to bet the sensor and/or wiring got damaged. I would take your vehicle back to the body shop and insist they make it right. If they can’t fix your vehicle, the team at YourMechanic would be happy to help. A certified mechanic can replace the oil sensor if necessary.