Q: Noise and poweless

My car is a VW polo recently have a funny noise as if it cut and does not have power can not accelerate maximum speed is 80km/h what could be the problem changed the plugs the problem still carry on and it sometime makes smoke oil leakages on plugs

A: Hello. The most common cause of a sudden po...

Hello. The most common cause of a sudden power loss like this is either a fuel system issue like a weak fuel pump or a failing catalytic converter. Most of the time, if there was a noise prior to the power loss, it may have been the converter failing internally. The exhaust system would need a backpressure test to verify this. If it is fine, then the computer needs to be scanned for codes and the sensors need to be checked for proper values to see where else the problem may be. If you need to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the power loss.