Q: No more transmission for me

The automatic transmission in my 2013 Mazda CX-5 totally failed on me the other day while driving on the highway. It was scary, it shifted out of one gear and never found another one. I realized it was happening and pulled over before something bad happened. I am really concerned with this issue happening at all, let alone in a car with only 6,500 miles on it! What do I do now?

Hello, a loss of power to the wheels can be frustrating. It appears that your transmission might be going into a limp home mode. The vehicle needs to be connected to a scan tool to see if there are any codes present in the power train system. If there are any codes present, it would give the technician a direction to go in. If the concern is reproducible, demonstrate it to a technician. There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB 05-002/15) to perform checks to the valve body of the transmission and perform a flushing procedure.

3. No more transmission for me