Q: Nissan primera not running fast

Hello please my Nissan primera 1996 model car stopped running fast and consumes a lot of fuel. Is a carburetor twin cam engine and my mechanic has changed plugs , clutch disk, pressure plate , and has even serviced my carburetor recently but still no improvement.

Hi there. Unfortunately, we don’t see many Nissan Primera’s here in the US, as the vehicle was made primarily for Europe and Japan consumers. However, one item you might want to have your mechanic look into is a vacuum leak. This can cause the symptoms you’re describing, as well as possibly EGR or other emissions systems unique to your engine set up.

3. Nissan primera not running fast