Q: New battery not working

I put a new battery in, but it's not working. I think I blew a fuse.

Car batteries are crucial to a car’s life. Check your connections as well as for corrosion. If you can move the battery cables after the bolt is tight something is faulty. The bolt is too long or the bolt is cross-threaded. There is a slight possibility the new battery is dead. This is unlikely, but possible. Another unlikely case would be if you were given the wrong battery. If the positive and negative were reversed, that would surely blow fuses and make sparks when connected. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and diagnose your car’s battery to get your car back on the road.

3. New battery not working