Q: Neutral safety switch keeps going out

I have a 2003 ford ranger 4.0 automatic transmission and it's been having issues such as going into fail safe mode and the overdrive light flashing and I've replaced it 2 times this year once for starting issues second time 2 weeks ago for fail safe mode issues and it seems to happen under freeway speed or when accelarating quickly I can have the part replace because it is a warrantied part through or ewillys but I would like to figure out what is making it go bad b4 I replace it a 3rd time. Do you have any advice on what may be happening or what to replace before the neutral safety (TRS) switch?

You need to make sure there is no fluid leak at the transmission side shaft seal getting fluid into switch. If it is then the seal will need to be replaced. Use some dielectric on the connector before reconnecting it to keep out moisture from getting in switch.