Q: Need to know the backlash specifications for a 2006 Denali transfer case.

Think the transfer has gone bad and want to rebuild it. I dont know the backlash.

Hi there. On most applications that deal with gear lash or known as backlash there is very low amounts of lash to prevent damage to the gears but also allowing the metal to expand. For your transfer case, set the backlash to .006 (six thousandths) to .010 (ten thousandths) to allow the gears to mesh good and have room for expansion. If you need further assistance with rebuilding the transfer case, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Need to know the backlash specifications for a 2006 Denali transfer case.