Q: Need tips on replacing headlight bulbs on my car

I am trying to change out the headlight bulbs on my car. A video I found said to squeeze the sides of the square plastic housing and pull straight out, but I have been squeezing and pulling with no luck. Do I need to squeeze harder? I'm afraid to break it. Any tips to remove the headlight housing?

A: Sometimes the headlight wiring connector ca...

Sometimes the headlight wiring connector can get heat welded onto the bulb contacts. Remove the rubber gasket and unclip the bulb from the headlight assembly. This will allow access to the bulb with the wiring and then the wiring can be removed without damaging the headlight lens.

If this is unsuccessful, and you fear you may break the headlight assembly, you may want to enlist the help of a professional mechanic who will be able to remove and replace the bulb while preventing damage to the headlight lens assembly or wiring connector.