Q: Feels as if the car is limping.

Feel a limp when driving. More a limp between sideways and forward to back. Slight movement on steering wheel aseel.

It sounds like a bent wheel or a bad tire. Have you hit anything in the road or otherwise? Inspect the tire to see if there are any irregularities. Sometimes the chords break in a tire causing a portion of the tread to bulge up. Have someone slowly drive the car forward while you look and feel the tire tread for an uneven profile.

Make sure that the wheels are installed correctly. if the wheel becomes uncentered due to an uncentered wheel, it can cause a limp or hop feeling. Because you feel it in the steering wheel, I would focus my attention on the front wheels and tires. It may be necessary to jack the vehicle up to get a good look at the tire and to see if the wheel seems to move up and down while turning.

If you still need help, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, determine the exact cause of the steering issue you’re experiencing.