Q: Need help! Thanks

I have a 1986 f150 302 efi and it hasn't ran for a few years. Parked because of "wiring problem to fuel pump" had new tank and pump put in as well as pump relay but still doesn't have power to pump or tank selector switch. It has spark but no fire because injectors won't let fuel in due to wiring problem. What do I check/ where do I go? It does fire when ether is shit down intake. Please help!

Hi there:

Depending on where you stored your Ford F-150 (whether it was indoors or outdoors) really can make a difference as to where you should start your diagnosis. Anytime an electrical issue exists, it’s typically good to start with replacing all of the ignition system components, distributor, ignition coils, spark plug wires and such. Once those items are installed correctly, trying to diagnose the fuel pump issue will be either due to wiring that has been exposed to elements and might be damaged, the electrical relay or the main fuse box. If you start with those steps and still can’t trace the issue, contact a local mechanic to complete an engine won’t start inspection for you.