Q: My vehicle display says my car isn't in park when I go to start it ,HELP!!

My vehicle on the display screen shows "vehicle not in park" or "service park system" when I go to start it.. I'm not sure why that is I need help?could this problem be fixed easily ? I need help.

It sounds like you may have a faulty shift cable for the transmission. It may have a bad connection bushing where it connects to the transmission linkage. You should have the cable inspected to see if it is bad and have it repaired or replaced as necessary.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose the issue with your gears and help you fix it accordingly. Best of luck.

• My vehicle display says my car isn't in park when I go to start it ,HELP!!