Q: My van is not starting

Hey,ireplaced my old car radio with anew one,and it worked perfectly.so iswitched everything off and closed the car doors but immediately irealised that both the front and rear marging lights were steady on, ichecked the switch inside and it was okay, the car stayed that way for couple of munites while iwas still figuring what could be the problem, so i entered the car and tried to start the engine unfortunately the engine could not start its now 3 days we tried to jumpstart the van but all in vain so idont know whay could be the matter any advice please.Justus.

Hi there. Unfortunately, the no start/no crank condition would appear to be related to the radio installation. Inadvertently, a wire was disconnected or fuse was blown during the radio installation. This could be any number of issues and will require proper diagnoses. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. My van is not starting