Q: My transmission jerked when I took off and then about half of mile down road stopped pulling. Rpms rared and speedometer dropped

My truck jerked real hard and bout half a to a mile down the road stopped pulling rpms raed and speedometer dropped

With 180,000 miles, it’s possible the transmission has failed. Has it been maintained according to the owner’s manual ? A good rule of thumb is to service the transmission every 4 years or 50,000 miles. If the fluid level or condition are not good, the transmission may have been running hot for some time and caused some internal damage, Dirty or low fluid levels increases transmission temperatures and internal components like the pump can run hot as well as strain under the pressure of pumping thick, dirty fluid. Have a certified technician or local transmission specialist look into why the vehicle will not move to find the exact cause.

3. My transmission jerked when I took off and then about half of mile down road stopped pulling. Rpms rared and speedometer dropped