Q: My steering wheel and my seat used to adjust automatically when I started my car and has stopped working all of a sudden 2005 Mercedes CLK500

My car steering wheel and seat used to adjust automatically when I started my car and all of a sudden it stopped working one day.

Hi there - the memory functions which keep track of seat and steering column positions are tied to each key fob. If you accidentally switched key fobs, the different key fob may not have had the same memory settings. The battery in the key fob may be dead, and cause the same result. Try your other key fobs to determine if this is the case. If this does not correct the problem, it is possible that one or more fuses have blown, or there is a problem with the memory function. I would recommend an electrical inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My steering wheel and my seat used to adjust automatically when I started my car and has stopped working all of a sudden 2005 Mercedes CLK500