Q: my power syeRing belt broke I drove it home anyways and it over heated and won't start back up. do I just nead fix the power stear

My power starring belt broke and I drove it home anyways and it over heated and won't start now.do I just nead to fix the power stearing belt?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi there. Unfortunately, just replacing the...

Hi there. Unfortunately, just replacing the power steering belt will not correct, the no start condition. Overheating the engine, may have caused a catastrophic and expensive repair. Assuming, the engine turns over (cranks) would be encouraging. The next step, to identify whether there is a loss of spark, fuel, or both. There are numerous reasons for a no start condition. An overheated electrical component, ie; crankshaft position sensor would create a no start condition. I recommend having your vehicle's overheated engine and no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.