Q: My Nissan jus started overheating when it gets hot the coolant start smoking out the reservoir tank

When I turn the car off while it overheated the coolant shoot back to the reservoir tank and leaves the radiator basically empty. The coolant is flowing thru the motor so I don't think it's the thermostat but I don't know if the water pump can cause that I was told maybe my heads were crack

Hello. Thanks for writing in. A cracked head or blown head gasket are causes for your symptoms. The system can get air trapped in it and cause overheating quite easily, causing the head gasket to blow. Cracked heads can emerge in a number of ways. However you will want to inspect some of the other components in the system first, because replacing the head gaskets can be a lengthy process. The overflow tank is serving its purpose, and catching the excess coolant as the engine heats up. However the vacuum that is created which is supposed to draw that coolant back into the radiator is not working, clogged, or has air trapped in it. This may be caused by a leak, which is common around the water pump. The first step is to find a leak in the system. Pressure test the system, and visually inspect for the coolant to leak. If you cannot find one, then the coolant has found a way into the engine. This may be through the head gasket, and worst case scenario a cracked head.

3. My Nissan jus started overheating when it gets hot the coolant start smoking out the reservoir tank