Q: My horn won't work

asked by on February 08, 2016

The horn won't work, and the Check Engine light is on.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The horn being inoperative could be from either the steering wheel clock spring, or the horn assembly. Both have been known to cause the problem you described. The Check Engine Light could be on for a sensor problem, or a gas cap being left loose after a refueling stop. This would require an engine scan to see which code is received, and the horn system would need to be diagnosed to find what failed. I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the cause of your Check Engine Light and recommend an appropriate path to repair.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr