Q: My heat in my car stopped working two days ago and now my car is overheating. I put antifreeze in my car and it's still overheating 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

My heat in my car stopped working two days ago and now my car is overheating. I put antifreeze in my car and it's still overheatin

Hi there - you may have 2 related events here, a coolant leak, and a problem with the heater system. The current issue may be air inside the cooling system, which can cause overheating, and a lack of heater function. The lack of heater function could have 5 causes: the engine is not getting up to correct temperature (center of the gauge) due to a malfunctioning thermostat, the heater control valve is not letting hot coolant into the heater core, there is a restriction in the heater system that is preventing adequate hot coolant flow through the heater core, the heater fan is not working to transfer heat from the heater core to warm air for the passenger compartment, or the air blend doors inside the heater are not working properly to route warm air to the desired vents. I would recommend a heater system inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/heater-is-not-working-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• My heat in my car stopped working two days ago and now my car is overheating. I put antifreeze in my car and it's still overheating 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix