Q: My engine is shaking

1.9 tdi volkswagen passat. Engine shakes when car is idle. No trouble starting the car. Can be felt when driving at a high speed also. Have had injectors done, new gear box mounts and was told that it is not the engine mounts

Hi there. Any unusual shaking or vibrating forces coming from the engine is cause for concern. It could be something as simple as old spark plugs producing an uneven power delivery, it could be fuel system restrictions, a vacuum leak, or it could be even more serious in the case of internal engine damage. The best way to determine what is causing this issue is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an engine is vibrating or shaking inspection.