Q: Q: My car won't start. Why?

I tried to start my car this morning and it sounded as if it wanted to come on but never fully did. After this, the Check Engine (stayed on for a while then eventually cut off) and Temperature (blinked as normal when the temperature is low) lights came on. Everything seemed normal (nothing dim, normal start up lights and indicators came on) aside from not starting. I've been hearing it could be the battery but wouldn't my battery light come on instead of the engine light? I am not sure. I tried to start it up multiple times but got the same results. I drove it Thursday (today is Monday) and it was fine. What could my problem be?

Hello. A no start condition can be caused by a few different things. If your vehicle is having issues cranking then it may be possible that there is a problem with the battery. A low or bad battery can cause the vehicle to struggle with cranking, crank slowly, or not crank at all. In most cases a bad battery will not set off the battery light. The battery light usually comes on when the computer detects that the overall system voltage is low or having an issue, usually related to the alternator. If the engine is cranking but not starting, then it may be possible that there is an issue with the vehicle’s fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If one the components to these systems, such as the fuel pump, or an engine management sensor, go out, they can cause the vehicle to experience starting issues, or not start at all. As no start conditions can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to (diagnose the cause of your no start condition)[https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection].

3. Q: My car won't start. Why?