Q: my car won't start.

my car die, lights start acting up in the dashboard,when I try to turn it on and it had a clinking noise, gauges move up and down, it stop if I press on the brake , it has a new battery, starter and good alternator. I took the battery out to test it ,when I put it back it try to turn on by it self.am able to turn the key on ,and radio and dashboard works ,but I try to crank and it start to act all crazy. I really Don't know, I need help

A: Hi. It sounds like the problem is poor batt...

Hi. It sounds like the problem is poor battery ground. If the battery doesn't have a good enough ground to the engine, the starter will not be able to pull the requires amperage from the battery to start the engine. Inspect the ground - cable and connections for a tight fit and no corrosion. Follow the cable to where it mounts to the engine and ensure a clean tight fit there as well. A technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect for your vehicle for electrical problems and replace problematic parts.