Q: My car will not turnover at all! no spark not even does it try to start up i have replaced the distributer starter spark plugs

i have replaced many parts in my engine even brand new battery new oi change changed the spark plug wires every time i try to start it up ill put the key in an try to start it an ill turn it once an all of the electrical stuff will turn on like the lights on the cluster will pop up an the car will beep from the car door being open then when i try to turn the key another time to start it up nothing at all happens. my car doesnt even make a sound of it trying to start up an the main starter relay is good too

If the starter motor is not functioning (that is, if the starter is not engaging the flywheel and turning the engine over), either there is no power to the starter or there is power but the starter itself has failed internally.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would first test for voltage (as well as voltage drop) at the starter when you actuate the starting circuit. If no voltage, that is if the circuit is open, the break in the starting circuit is simply traced.

If there is power to the starter and yet the starter will not function, the starter is condemned and thence replaced. YourMechanic can perform these tests to properly diagnose your starting issue right at your location.

• My car will not turnover at all! no spark not even does it try to start up i have replaced the distributer starter spark plugs